What is it?
Liebster means the sweetest, welcoming, and kindest in German. This online award is given to blogs that other bloggers feel deserve more notice. I answer several questions, list 10 facts about me, and then choose five more blogs that I like and pass it on.
I am honored and flattered that I was chosen for this award. I was nominated by Preeti at Scenario of Life. She likes anything creative and is passionate about all things beauty. Check out her blog!
- I have been vegetarian for over a year now. I took a little break over the summer, but I have gone back to vegetarianism. I don’t really like how meat tastes and I’m also allergic to chicken.
- I love driving. Like if my friends go anywhere, I would rather be the one driving.
- I like hiking. My favorite place in Idaho is Goldbug where you can hike up a mountain to natural hot springs! I also really like hiking R mountain. I do that several times a semester.
- Purple is my favorite color but I own a lot of red and black clothing.
- I can’t live without lipstick or chapstick.
- Visiting all 58 of the National Parks is on my bucket list. So far, I’ve been to 2…
- I love Louisiana, but I don’t plan on living there after college. (Sorry, mom).
- Everyone already knows this, but I wish I had a stronger southern accent. Like I would do anything to make it a little stronger.
- When I found out my mom was pregnant with my little brother, I got mad that my family wasn’t going to be the three little bears anymore.
- I think cheese is absolutely disgusting. I have never liked any kind of cheese. No, I don’t like nachos, mac and cheese, etc. I used to eat cheese on pizza, but now I just pick that off. (If you read my first fact, you’ll realize that the only thing I actually eat on pizza is the bread haha).
Now on to questions:
1.What do you enjoy most about blogging?
I love that I can do it on my own time and I get to choose what I write about. It’s not something that I’m being forced to do. It’s not a school assignment and I’m not obligated to turn it in at a certain time. Because it is like this, I feel that I have more time to think about my posts and really make quality work.
2. Why did you start blogging? What inspired you?
I started blogging because I’ve always wanted to try it out. I felt like I was actually at a point in my life where I could do it, so I did! I’m also a communications major and I am constantly looking at the news. I thought the news was just so negative and divisive so I thought it would be a good idea to start sharing some positivity. I don’t have a lot of posts yet, but I would like to actually help people!
3. Aside from your own site, what’s your favorite blog?
My favorite blog is definitely my best friend, Anna’s, called The Writing Vagabond. She is currently in Peru teaching English to children. She posts about her experiences with the culture, rats (yes, rats), and the people. She also posts tons of fun pictures. I love reading her posts even though I miss her to pieces! Here’s a link to her blog: The Writing Vagabond. Check it out!
4. What do you find most challenging about blogging?
The most challenging thing is definitely getting views. I have friends and family who support me, but trying to get the blog past that has been interesting to figure out. I’ve joined some Facebook groups though, so that’s been helpful. I’ve also started an Instagram and Facebook page just for my blog (click the icons at the top of the page!).
5. What do you do when you get writer’s block?
Right now I don’t really have writer’s block for my blog because I still have so many ideas. However, for school assignments I usually have to stop writing and go do something else. I also talk to my mom because she always has good ideas. Google is also my best friend, so when I’m stuck, I search what other people have written about the subject.
6. Is blogging your full-time job? If not then how do you manage it?
Haha, no. Being a student is my full-time job. I find time before class though to either write or research things about blogging. The past few nights I have also been waking up at random hours (not on purpose!) and have been designing my website.
7. Your house is on fire! Aside from people, what do you save?
My journals, hands down. I didn’t just spend the last seven years writing down my secrets, embarrassing moments, funniest moments, and random life experiences just to have them burned. I would also grab my car keys because even if I don’t have a place to live, at least I would still have a car. Right?
8. What is your favorite book?
All 7 Harry Potter books. Does this really need a longer explanation?
9. What is your favorite time of year?
In Louisiana, it’s Fall. It’s the only time of the year where gross heat and humidity is broken up by about two days of cooler weather (if you consider 60 degrees cool). In Idaho, probably Fall as well. The leaves actually change colors here and it starts to snow. BTW, I love snow. It’s so pretty and it smells nice, too.
10. What is your favorite inspirational quote?
If you ask me this question in a week, it will probably be a different one. Right now though its “Be the change you wish to see in the world.” -Gandhi
I think that quote goes along with the purpose of my blog. Gandhi is cool, too.
11. What motivates you to keep blogging?
I actually like doing this. I’m starting to apply things I have learned in my major so it’s cool to see my money actually being put to good use. I still have things I need to work on and the perfectionist in me tells me that I can make this a hundred times better.
Now that I’ve answered the questions…
- Basically, Britain-Redefined This blog is so cute and she has tons of great posts!
- The Beauty Highlight This blog has some great beauty product reviews! I especially like the one about the natural deodorant.
- Douglas House of Love This is also a great blog! She posts some great recipes and also shares her feelings about motherhood.
- The Veganess This blog is all about making the transition to veganism easier. I think there are great pointers!
- The Ruffled Daisy This blog has such cute crafts!
bonus blog: I thought this one was really good and so cute! Azayra Life & Style
Check out their blogs and subscribe!
Nominees, your questions are:
- What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
- How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
- What motivates you to keep blogging?
- What do you spend your free time doing?
- What is your favorite winter drink?
- If you could only eat ice cream for the rest of your life, what flavor would it be?
- If you were to never fail, what is one thing you would do?
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
- Who inspires you the most and why?
- Besides your own, what is your favorite blog and why?
- And lastly, what is one thing you want all of your readers to know about you?
To accept your award, write a blog post about the award, list 10 facts about you, and answer those questions above. Then nominate five more blogs! For the official rules, visit: The Official Rules of the Liebster Award (2017)
Happy blogging! 🙂
It’s All Good. 🌼
Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog! Enter your email at the bottom and like and follow my Instagram and Facebook pages! 🙂